Account ID is a 10 character automatically generated ID for each driver. It’s really simple to create such a driver. You can then leave the system to send that ID to your driver via email, SMS or you just provide that ID to the driver. The driver then installs the MyCarTracks app and on the first run, he chooses the option to enter Account ID, enters his ID and he is ready to record tracks.
To add a new vehicle with a driver follow these steps:
- Log in to your web account at www.mycartracks.com.
- Go to Fleet / Vehicles and here click + and Add vehicle button.
- Enter vehicle name, choose the color and set initial odometer state. Don’t put anything into Share vehicle, leave it blank. Press Save.
- Now go to Fleet / Drivers & Devices and here click on the + button.
- Select the Driver with Account ID option and click Next.
- Enter Driver name and optionally Driver email. You can see the automatically generated Account ID . Now in Vehicles select the vehicle you created in 2.-3.rd step. If your drivers have Android phones you can check the “Device is Android” checkbox and enter the phone number – a Magic link will be sent to the driver.
- You will now see the table with your drivers and one of them is the one you’ve just created.
- If you skipped the email and SMS notification you should now give the generated Account ID to your driver. He must install the app and on first run choose the “Continue with Account ID” option. Here he must enter provided Account ID.