Account ID is a 10 character automatically generated ID for each your driver. It’s really simple to create such driver. You can then leave the system to send that ID to your drivers email or you just provide that ID to driver. Driver then installs MyCarTracks app and on first run he choose the option to enter Account ID, enters his ID and he is ready to record tracks.
To add new vehicle with driver follow these steps:
- Log in to your web account at www.mycartracks.com.
- Go to FLEET / Vehicles and here click Add new vehicle button.
- Enter vehicle name, choose color and set initial odometer state. Don’t put anything into Share vehicle, leave it blank. Press Save.
- Now go to FLEET / Drivers and here click on Add new driver button.
- Select Use generated Account ID option and click Next.
- Enter Driver name and optionally Driver email. You can see that an Account ID is automatically generated. Now in Vehicles select the vehicle you created in 2.-3.rd step. Press Save.
- You will now see the table with your drivers and one of them is the one you’ve just created.
- If you skipped the email notification you should now give the generated Account ID to your driver. He must install the app and on first run choose the “Use Account ID” option. Here he must enter provided Account ID. Now the driver should hit the TURN ON RECORDING button and is now being tracked.