There are many types of fleets and therefore many different needs or expectations about how detailed and in what format the recorded data should be. MyCarTracks app comes with some default settings that we think can fit many types but offers the ability to edit all the settings that can fit any kind of fleet type. Either you need recordings to be more detailed, or you need to record only at certain times, need PIN protection, wants to record only drives that exceed some speed limit or just walking, MyCarTracks can cover all these requirements and a lot more.
All this is great, but, you need to set it on the Android device, at each device individually, which is not very user-friendly if you have a big fleet. To help you with setting up your whole fleet really easily our Business plan comes with App settings managed by the web application. This feature allows you to adjust settings directly on your drivers MyCarTracks app.
Here are the steps how to do that:
- First, take one Android phone or tablet with MyCarTracks app and edit any settings that you want. We recommend you to test these settings if they fit your needs.
- Then go to Menu / Settings / Export/Import and use the option Export settings. Tap Yes to share exported settings.
- Send these exported settings to your email, or use any other option that you prefer so you can download these settings to your pc.
- Now that you have the settings on your pc, log in to the web application on www.mycartracks.com
- In left menu go into FLEET / App Settings.
- Click on Add app settings button. It will show a form to create new settings.
- Click on Browse and select the exported settings file from your pc.
- Click Import app settings. Your settings will show up in the “App settings (JSON)” below. You don’t have to do anything here.
- Enter some Name – this is just for your identification later so choose any name.
- Select drivers that you want to share these settings with or use the option “Assign app settings to all my drivers” if you want to share these settings with everyone.
- Click on Save and push app settings to drivers.
- Done, your settings are now being pushed to drivers. Please note that you need to have the latest MyCarTracks app as it’s not supported in older versions.
Please note that by default MyCarTracks app has app settings allowed, but, app user can turn off this under Menu / Settings / Online tracking & Synchronization. If it’s turned off then shared settings will not be applied in the app.