The geofence rewrite feature can help you to set a replacement phrase that will be used either in the Address or Description of the recorded track. It is useful when you have some places you’re visiting regularly and want to name them by yourself or you need to have a trip description automatically filled in.
Follow these steps to create a rewrite:
- Log in to the MyCarTracks web application
- On the left menu click Geofences and then on the top tabs menu select the Rewrites tab
- Click the + button
- Here first select the location or create a new one – set the position and radius of the geofence
- Below use the Rewrite configuration to set which values you want to be replaced. Leave blank entries on those values you don’t want to be replaced.
- Optionally select the vehicle group for which the rewrite is effective or leave it blank for all vehicles.
- Click Save.
- Please note that a rewrite will be active after you create it and it will not update recorded tracks prior to creating this rewrite. Rewritten values are also available only in the web application and on reports, your drivers or you personally will not see these rewrites in the mobile apps.