Check if all permissions that the app asked for are allowed and enabled. Go to phone Settings and then scroll down to MyCarTracks and touch it. Check if all permissions as shown on the screenshot are allowed.
Make sure these are set:
- Location is set to Always – if not touch it and change to Always.
- Motion & Fitness is turned ON.
- Notifications are enabled
Missing Motion & Fitness? Turn it on in Privacy Settings.
Some iOs versions don’t have Motion & Fitness option under the app’s settings. You need to allow it under Privacy settings, follow these instructions:
- Go to the Settings app on the iPhone and navigate to Privacy and then Motion & Fitness.
- In Motion & Fitness, please turn on (enable) MyCarTracks.
- Now try to do some testing rides, if it still doesn’t work try other solutions below.
The app is still not running in the background?
If you’re sure that everything is correct and all permissions are allowed but the app is still not recording when not opened – in the background – try to restart your phone. Most users confirmed that restarting did the trick and the app started to work correctly.
Disable vehicle detection
If none of the above methods helped it is possible that your iPhone/iPad doesn’t support Vehicle driving motion and therefore it must be disabled. Disable this option only when you see that the app never recorded any track on the Auto recording mode. If you used Auto recording and have some recordings then this is not your issue. To disable vehicle detection
- open the MyCarTracks app and go to Preferences
- scroll down to Track only while driving car and disable it
Repair iPhone System
If the above methods do not fix the issue on iPhone XR/Xs/X/8/7/6s/6, it could be an iOS system glitch and we suggest you repair the iPhone system. Use google to find a tool or ask your local Apple dealer.