Google account email is either a Gmail or Google Apps for Work (google apps) email. That means if your company uses own domain with google (google apps) and all your drivers have their own google apps email set on their Android phones you can use the option to create a fleet with Google accounts. Your drivers can also use their own personal gmail addresses on their phones. In that case, if they provide that address to you as a company owner you can also use Google accounts.
To add new vehicle with driver follow these steps:
- Log in to your web account at www.mycartracks.com.
- Go to FLEET / Vehicles and here click Add new vehicle button.
- Enter vehicle name, choose color, set initial odometer state and into Share vehicle put your drivers Google apps email. Optionally you can forbid modifications for that driver. Press Save.
- Your driver will now receive a notification email that you shared a vehicle with him.
- Your driver must now start MyCarTracks Android app and go into Menu / Vehicles. Here at the top he must hit the double arrow icon on top right to synchronize vehicles. He should now see the vehicle you created for him. Now he just taps on that vehicle and it’s ready to use.
- Your driver should now press the TURN ON RECORDING button.