To work properly MyCarTracks runs in the background. Many latest devices come with their own battery saving features which are good for your battery life, but what they actually do is they block apps running in the background. This causes that MyCarTrack is also blocked which leads to not recording all your journeys and then you think our app doesn’t work properly. The same applies also to any battery saver apps (Advanced task killer, Battery doctor, Juice defender, …) you can install on your device.
Please, to let MyCarTracks work properly, make sure that it is not blocked by any battery saver app or feature. Here are some manuals that you can follow:
- Doze On Android Marshmallow (Android 6+) – this is asked automatically on the first run
- Android 10 settings
- Visit dontkillmyapp.com and select your device’s brand (Nokia, Xiaomi, Samsung, Huawei, and many others) to learn more about your vendor and how to solve the issue.
- Samsung Galaxy devices (Android 6+)
- Huawei devices
- OnePlus devices
- Troubleshooting GPS Issues (scroll to Check for resource management apps
- Use Google to search for your brand or app
If you find any other way that helped you please send us your hints to email@example.com