To work properly MyCarTracks runs in the background. All major devices come with their own battery-saving features which are good for your battery life but what they actually do is block apps running in the background. This causes that MyCarTrack is also blocked which results in not recording all your journeys and then you think our app doesn’t work properly. The same applies also to any battery saver apps (Advanced task killer, Battery doctor, Juice defender, …) you can install on your device.
Make sure that MyCarTracks is not blocked by any battery saver app or feature. Here are some manuals that you can follow:
- Doze On Android Marshmallow (Android 6+) – this is asked automatically on the first run
- Android 11 related Location and Battery optimization settings
- Android 10 related Location and Battery optimization settings
- Visit dontkillmyapp.com and select your device’s brand (Nokia, Xiaomi, Samsung, Huawei, and many others) to learn more about your vendor and how to solve the issue. You can also install their app that will automatically detect your device and helps you.
- Samsung Galaxy devices (Android 6+)
- Samsung devices with One UI 3.0
- Huawei devices
- OnePlus devices
- Troubleshooting GPS Issues (scroll to Check for resource management apps
- If none helps use Google to search for your brand and model, for example: “Samsung S20 power manager”
If you find any other way that helped you please send us your hints to email@example.com.
Quick brand-specific instructions
Huawei – Only Pre-EMUI 5.0 / Android 7 – Go to Settings > “Protected apps”, check MyCarTracks.
Sony – Tap on the battery icon. Go to Power Management > STAMINA mode > Apps active in standby > Add MyCarTracks.
Asus – Check MyCarTracks app in the Auto-start Manager.
Xiaomi – Security (App) > Permissions > Autostart – Enable MyCarTracks app
*New Xiaomi – Settings > Developer Options. Disable “memory optimization”. To enabled Developer Options go to Settings > About. Tap on MIUI 8 times.
Oppo – Go to Settings > “Security settings” > “Data saving” and enable MyCarTracks app.
Samsung – Disable battery usage optimizations